New Brushes!

I purchased a F80 Sigma brush a year ago or so because I needed something to apply my liquid foundation with. I didn't like the M.A.C. 187 as much as I thought I would because it took SO much time & work to stipple the foundation on and the coverage/effect wasn't even that great, TBH.

Don't get me wrong, I adore M.A.C.'s eye brushes and their powder brushes (the 182 kabuki brush is possibly my fave) but for liquid foundation, these synthetic kabukis are PERFECT.

I ended up using my F80 SO much, and it was such a hassle to wash & dry because the bristles are extremely thick & dense. So, I decided to get myself the synthetic kabuki set :D

There are 4 brushes in this set, namely the F80, F82, F84 and the F86. The 'F' stands for face, just in case I wasn't the last person on this planet to figure that out. Their eye brushes start with 'E'.

Here are the brushes in order from F80 to F86.

I'd have to say that the F80 is still my favourite! It really distributes foundation evenly & effortlessly. And it also does the job quick, pretty much a foolproof method of applying foundation!

The F82 differs from the F80 slightly because instead of being flat like the F80, the F82 has a rounded surface. I don't like it as much because the brush has less surface area and so it takes a tad longer to apply foundation with it.

I haven't found a use for the F84 because I feel like it's more for a product like cream bronzer (Soleil Tan de Chanel, when will you be mine?) because it's angled, which would be perfect for contouring.  I don't use cream bronzer . You definitely can use the F84 to apply your foundation too though.

I like the F86, it's great for patting concealer under your eyes or even for blending out foundation near your nose & those slightly harder to reach areas!

I love these Sigma brushes, they're amazing & definitely worth the money. I can't rave enough about them! If you don't really wear liquid foundation or if you don't see the need in getting 4 of them, you can buy them individually too!

You can purchase them here: Synthetic Kabuki Kit

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh I'm jealous. I've been wanting these for ages! I settled on a Real Techniques one, but it's not the greatest thing in the world. Definitely still eyeing these ones. Especially after yet another rave review. ;]

    ReplyDelete